Looking for 6.5's with strong bass

killeraxemannic
10+ year member

Colorado
I want to replace the rear factory speakers in my 2007 Subaru. The front speakers are now Alpine components which sound great and have awesome highs and mids but lack the bass that the factory speakers had.

I am not sure if I want to spend the money for a sub so my logical solution is to replace the back speakers with some that will produce adequate bass for the system.

What speakers would be the best for this purpose? Will be installing them in the rear doors and running them off of a good quality Pioneer deck.

Hertz MLK 165 have the best midbass in the years ive been in car audio and tested HUNDREDS of speakers.. only competitors hybrid l6se and or scan revelators

The probable reason that you dont get the same midbass from your new comps is that you need to recreate those factory seals. You need to properly seal and deaden your door to get good low end response from any speaker you put into that door. Also, make sure the speakers are amp'd.

I want to replace the rear factory speakers in my 2007 Subaru. The front speakers are now Alpine components which sound great and have awesome highs and mids but lack the bass that the factory speakers had.
I am not sure if I want to spend the money for a sub so my logical solution is to replace the back speakers with some that will produce adequate bass for the system.

What speakers would be the best for this purpose? Will be installing them in the rear doors and running them off of a good quality Pioneer deck.
You want efficient speakers. Alpine speakers are not efficient and have always been a bit on the mellow side. That's their 'timbre' and it's been that way since I can remember. Aside from the old DDDrives, I've never been a fan of Alpine's speaker offerings...but I'm REALLY picky with my front stage.

For rear speakers, I'd actually just keep the stockers. Many cheaper speakers today are not an upgrade over the paper things you have in your door. The real issue with your car is it's kinda noisy and exhaust noise will drown out bass. In this situation, there's no replacement for a dedicated subwoofer. Even if you put 6" subwoofers in the door, I don't think you'll be that happy with it as the Pioneer HU will not have enough guts nor will the subs have enough cone area. A small 8-10" woofer in the trunk running off a 1-200w will be more than enough to take care of the bass you're lacking.

And if your front speakers have good midbass, the bass will sound like it's coming from the front anyway (this is a good thing).

Get Massive Audio CK X and run at least 100watts to each side. They're known to have good strong bass, and overall they're good speakers for the money. One guy mentioned they could make the door handle rattle in a subaru, the outside door handle.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.