Looking for (2) Kicker Solo x 12" spairs

Buddy of mine has what your looking for - but, it's been modified to help stop the 'shattering' problem those first gen cones had...

I'll try to get some pics for yah...

any reason u like the '04 cones compared to the '07 cones??? the '07s look way more durable. i just blew my '04 cone tho after using it for a year and a half
The main reason is because they are dual 1. But i heard the new ones blow faster than the old ones.

Buddy of mine has what your looking for - but, it's been modified to help stop the 'shattering' problem those first gen cones had...I'll try to get some pics for yah...
Sending you a PM.

Well, I think you need to distinguish what you mean by 'blow'...

Thermal failure or mechanical?

I believe they only changed the cone and surround from '04-'07.

The new cones are a bit stronger and braced more evenly on the backside.

I'm not positive, but the voice coil is unchanged as well.

The corners (in the invertered dish shape) were prone to shattering under high pressure on the silver cones.

based on what I've heard, the 04's were louder but the 07's were more rugged... i've had 04 dual 1 spairs and 07 dual 1 spairs, both worked hard and did well. I will say that we had the 04 back of the cone problem but used some epoxy on it and all fixed

I would suspect the difference in loudness (on the meter) is due to the new cones being a bit heavier (larger moving mass).

I've seen the same phenomenon on the L7's comparing the older cones to the new '08 black style.

It should be noticed this is not going to be an audible difference though, strictly for us meter-geeks

=)

without looking, i'd be willing to bet the fs on the black cone's is lower than the gray cones //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.