Lookin at a new amp need help deciding.

seg_representin
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
IL
I'm lookin at gettin a new amp. I want an amp that does about 1200 rms at 1 ohm because i don't wanna go over that cuz i'm worried about my electrical system. Does anyone have any opinions on what i should get. A guy is selling an RE 12.1 amp on the forums and i'm looking into getting it. He wants 290 for it and i know there are other amps out there for cheaper than that like the hifonics 1606d. What do you guys think i should get. Is hifonics reliable or should i go with the RE 12.1 or i'm open to any suggestions.

Yea i also thought of those but i heard the hifonics are very comparable to them. i would like to go with the RE 12.1 or is there better out there for my money. I could get it for 290. I heard they put out their rated power and then some. So what do you guys think.

I just bought a Hifonics Brutus 1606D for $239 shipped, off of ebay. I've always seen the RE 12.1 priced more expensive than that. The Hifonics amps are under-rated. The 1606D is rated at 1600w rms @ 1ohm, it's more like 1900. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif If you're lookin for 1200rms, go with the 1206D. Nothing against RE, they make good stuff, just never used it. And don't know anyone who has. Kinda up to you and how much you wanna spend. But the Hifonics 1206D is gonna be between 150-220. I'd go with the Hifonics if I were you.

Naw the hifonics is overrated. The 1606 puts out about 1300 rms but it depends on your electrical. If you have a stable electrical then it will prolly put out rated power but mostly these things are overrated.

Yea then should i go with hifonics or should i get the RE 12.1? Money isn't really much of an issue with these 2 choices.

naw i really wont be spendin 100 bucks more. But which one is more efficient. I would like to find the most efficient amp because of my electrical. Is the RE more efficient then the hifonics or what are some other amps that are very efficient.

I'd go with the RE 12.1. The build quality on the hifonics amps never impressed me, very few maxxonics products ever have actually. Good budget minded amps, but if the 100 dollars isn't a huge blow to your wallet, get the 12.1.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.