Look what i got for 89$(and it works!)

Not bad, My Craigs List find a few weeks ago was one of the best //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

As long as that sub works you got a good deal.

Yard sales are the best... $20 bucks, near new in box w/ manual.

PPIAmplifier001.jpg

PPIAmplifier003.jpg

PPIAmplifier024.jpg

best find i ever had was on property room found a 15 mojo for 20 bucks i had the highest bid (at 18 bucks) until i went to work came home and got out bid he bid 22 plus shipping

I went to a pawn shop last November and bought a pair of 15" Earthquake Magmas (very old model) in a ported enclosure for $50. The guy said they were worthless because the rubber gaskets were missing and the box was in such bad shape. Nobody would want a pair of speakers this ugly, he said. They did look pretty bad...at first glance, but there was potential there. The missing gaskets, dirt and beat up enclosure were hiding the fact that these were actually some very good old school subs.

I added a front baffle to the enclosure that sat flush with the high roll surrounds. It hid the missing rubber rings and gave the box a "custom" look. I then added some bracing and resin to the internal area, hit the entire box with a belt sander, rounded everything off nicely and sanded everything smooth. I finished up by re-sealing the box with liquid nail, painting the new baffle grey and adding black carpet to match my friend's interior.

$50 bucks, an evening of my time and a roll of cheap Wal-Mart carpet turned into a very nice christmas present that flexes the roof of my friend's vehicle...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

twistedchild420

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
twistedchild420
East,TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date