look at what I scored for 50 bucks!

8thGenSI
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I hate to say it, but I love when buddies are hard up for cash. I do not like profiting on friends but he insisted.

He needed 50 bucks to make a payment to his credit card before it got past 30 days late and he didnt have the money. I offered to just lend it to him but he insisted I take the this barnd new set of kicker ss 6.5 comps. They are brand new, have never seen a screw or power.

Do you guys have any experiance with these? They look like nice quality stuff but I know how kicker can be. This situation made component selection for my install easy, figured I would try em out, I was looking for comps anyway.

Not to shabby...

Specially for $50 bones, I would call that a good score.

I installed a set in a truck a few months back and they did sound nice. Don't know about $500 worth of nice

but good non the less.

How is the mid bass on these? Also are the tweeters harsh? I like loud tweeters but not ear piercing.
These went into factory positions but I sound deadened the doors and just flushed mounted the tweeters abut 2" above the woofers.

To me, at first the tweets did sound a tad on the bright side but a few days later they had smoothed out just nice.

The woofers seemed to do fine(stock locations). They were nice and punchy but in his app, could have used some more power IMO

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

8thGenSI

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
8thGenSI
hollister,CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date