listen to this bullsh*t story!!

Rangerman, the school probably granted permission. The school is usually schedules the searches with the police and most the time the searches are done by the county school police. I 'm completing my criminal law major at USF. Most of you know more about car audio then me, but finally on this forum i have some knowledge to argue.

WELL PEEPS I LIVE IN A LITTLE HICK TOWN AND IF COPS KNOW YOU HAVE A STEREO SYSTEM THEY WILL PULL YOU OVER FOR NO REASON. AND WILL TAKE APART YOU CAR AND CUT YOUR WOOFERS AND **** TO GET IN A BOX (KNOWING YOU DONT HAVE NOTHING), YOU CAN FILE A COMPLAINT BUT IT WILL NEVER BE ANSWERED SO YOU JUST KEEP HAVING TO GET MORE CRAP, ITS SUCH BS

Ah, here we go. My friend is a lawyer and here is what he had to say. He said that the police are legally able to search a car, without a warrant (California v. Acevedo (sp?). With that, even though it was on school property, the police reserve the right to search by any means necessary if they have probible cause. In this case, the dog kept pointing to the box, so the police deemed it necessary to break open the box. If the student would have suggested that the police take out the subs by unscrewing them, then it might be different. If a staff member was to search the car, and broke the box, they would be liable for all damage, but police reserve the special right to search by all means necessary. Hope that helps a little! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

as for any school cops can search a car if they suspect anything. But i dont think they sould of ****ed his **** up. They could of taken his stuff apart and made him put it back together. But i dont know. I would go to court on this case and try to get some new stuff plus they didn't find anything,besides a baggy, so they thought wrong. Cops are just stupid Mother ****ers these days. Like the one at my school gave my friend a $1000 ticket for not using is turn signal.

on school property they dont even need probable cause...just reasonable suspicion to search. i got searched because they thought i was high (lol ok i was)...they didnt find nething but still suspended me. cops are *****es.

what they did was illegal.

however if the car is parked at school, they can serch whatever they want to. the dog is just there to help them pick out the car, and also act as probible couse. the owner must still give permission, but if they dont the school can have the car towed to the impound. they can do what ever they want to at the impound. when you park your car at school, you r in agreement with the schol giving them this right.

Sorry, i know that sux, but thats the way it is.

good luck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ßûmþ_§üm±hîñ

10+ year member
ßûmþ_§üm±hîñ
Kinmundy IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from