list some midbass drivers you know of

CDT HD midbass and ID CX64 are pretty similar in low end extension and overall midbass sound. Next midbass I'd like to try is Koda and RE midbass with XBL^2.

dunno about going with hd-6s...I want something that's purely midbass, say 70->200hz.
That would be the job of a band pass filter. Since the HD-6's have a response of 55~7k Hz it could be narrowed to your range. It will be extremely difficult to get useful feedback from users on different speakers as they don't typically attempt what you are trying to do. I think that whatever speakers you choose, you would be in a position to educate the forum on your results.

dunno about going with hd-6s...I want something that's purely midbass, say 70->200hz.
That would be the job of a band pass filter. Since the HD-6's have a response of 55~7k Hz it could be narrowed to your range. It will be extremely difficult to get useful feedback from users on different speakers as they don't typically attempt what you are trying to do. I think that whatever speakers you choose, you would be in a position to educate the forum on your results.
My thoughts weren't really coherent on that line, I **** at putting my thoughts from my head down on paper. The frequency range I listed is pretty much the range I feel the driver should hit...so like I really wouldn't want a midrange/midbass driver, but a pure midbass driver. Like the rmb6s supposedly just go up to 500hz.

Reason why I wouldn't want the cdt hd-6 is just cause, don't I already have it? Isn't it the same as the one in the components??

NOw I'm thinking though...I have the hd-62efs...the hd-6...isn't that a higher end one? Cause I know the hd-62s cost way more than the hd-62efs (which I think now are just called the ef-61cfs?) Different drivers?

NOw I'm thinking though...I have the hd-62efs...the hd-6...isn't that a higher end one? Cause I know the hd-62s cost way more than the hd-62efs (which I think now are just called the ef-61cfs?) Different drivers?
I'm not familiar with the model designation you gave, but hd-6 = hd-62s - tweeter. I assume you either find your current setup lacking midbass, or you have a preference for stronger midbass than most. I think any quality speaker narrowed to your range would do just as well as one 'desgined' for it, particularly since we're talking low frequencies.

You could use some mini sub like 6w0, IDQ6, tangband, etc if you want. Most of them have a frequency range lower than midrange/midbass driver but roll off higher than full size subs.

if you can find a set of Vifa M18WN19-04's, they are one of the better midbass units i have used for an IB install.

if i were going to buy a new set that i hadn't used, i would get the new Alpine spx-17mb's. they look pretty impressive, but are a little more expensive than a set of raw drivers. they have a fairly high qts, and they have 5.85mm's x-max, so they should hammer and work well in a door install.

http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/2227

ive had experience with vifa drivers for home audio and theyre extremely impressive, same drivers Thiel uses in their speakers, and if anyone knows theil you know they sound quite good

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.