List of known scammers

ok a ? here if i sale lets say a speaker. and buyer says they will give me 100 shipped. So after pay pal i get 95.00 then i go to ship and lets say regular shipping is 15.00 so now we are at 80.00 . when you ship you get a receipt " is that good enough " or do all sellers have to spend another lets guess 5-10.00 to get insurance and tracking and signature required ? so then im at 70.00. Is this right ? or is proof of sending good enough and if the buyer wants the extras they need to ask for it . thanks for the input.

You should always get tracking, insurance, package the best way you can, and get signature requirement if shipping via USPS. If you are shipping through UPS or FedEx then you get tracking info automatically and a base insurance of $100. If you require more coverage you will need to purchase that.

It is your responsibility as the seller to ensure that the purchaser gets the item and to be able to prove they received it.

Think of it this way.

If you are the purchaser do you want to know where your item is and that if something goes wrong with shipping there is insurance to cover it? If you can not afford a few extra bucks, then don't sell to someone that requires shipping or charge more.

You should always get tracking, insurance, package the best way you can, and get signature requirement if shipping via USPS. If you are shipping through UPS or FedEx then you get tracking info automatically and a base insurance of $100. If you require more coverage you will need to purchase that.

It is your responsibility as the seller to ensure that the purchaser gets the item and to be able to prove they received it.
Exactly. It is the sellers responsibility to provide proof of sending when in question. If you cannot prove that you sent it, and the buyer claims to never have recieved it, then you are thereby held accountable.

You must prove yourself beyond a reasonable doubt

Pretty basic stuff here

ya i guess charge more because i ship fed ex and i get 100 ins. and free tracking that i give people but most parts are like 300 or so. Is it ok to just post that if they want more ins. they will have to pay the difference ? what if fed ex shows they delivered it but buyer says they never got it ? what then ? it happened to me with post office and pay pal wouldnt help me even though i later found the seller sent to wrong address " pay pal never checked that " they just said he had proof he sent it. thankfully i called post office and the guy there helped me out and found it in the wrong po box because the sender wrote it down wrong.

ya i guess charge more because i ship fed ex and i get 100 ins. and free tracking that i give people but most parts are like 300 or so. Is it ok to just post that if they want more ins. they will have to pay the difference ? what if fed ex shows they delivered it but buyer says they never got it ? what then ? it happened to me with post office and pay pal wouldnt help me even though i later found the seller sent to wrong address " pay pal never checked that " they just said he had proof he sent it. thankfully i called post office and the guy there helped me out and found it in the wrong po box because the sender wrote it down wrong.
Pretty sure it depends on how you sell it. If you're selling for $300 shipped, then you pay all shipping costs. If you are selling for $300 plus shipping, then it should be understood that you will have $300 in your pocket and the buyer will pay for any and all shipping costs.

what if fed ex shows they delivered it but buyer says they never got it ? what then ? it happened to me with post office and pay pal wouldnt help me even though i later found the seller sent to wrong address " pay pal never checked that " they just said he had proof he sent it. thankfully i called post office and the guy there helped me out and found it in the wrong po box because the sender wrote it down wrong.
Then its on FedEx or the buyer. You could be nice and try to help, but realistically, you provide proof and thats all you need on your part as the seller.

ok a ? here if i sale lets say a speaker. and buyer says they will give me 100 shipped. So after pay pal i get 95.00 then i go to ship and lets say regular shipping is 15.00 so now we are at 80.00 . when you ship you get a receipt " is that good enough " or do all sellers have to spend another lets guess 5-10.00 to get insurance and tracking and signature required ? so then im at 70.00. Is this right ? or is proof of sending good enough and if the buyer wants the extras they need to ask for it . thanks for the input.
Get it no matter what. Build it into your price. If you cant prove purchaser got the equipment you sent your the one in the wrong and not the buyer. Get it to cover your ass and the buyers.

Dosen't paypal automatically insure the buyer for these exact situations?

It says on their site that PAYPAL will refund the buyer. And place collections on the sellers account..

Dosen't paypal automatically insure the buyer for these exact situations?
It says on their site that PAYPAL will refund the buyer. And place collections on the sellers account..
NO that is in my post e bit earlier " as long as they can prove they shipped they did there part " im torn on this because if i send something i cant really control what happens and people dont really want to pay the extra few bucks for ins. the guy from ebay sent my package to the wrong address and pay pal denied my claim saying he sent it. i later recieved the package thanks to a good guy at the post office that saw the name and po box didnt match. I think as long as seller can show they sent it they should be covered unless buyer asked for ins. thats why i like fed ex 100 free.

NO that is in my post e bit earlier " as long as they can prove they shipped they did there part " im torn on this because if i send something i cant really control what happens and people dont really want to pay the extra few bucks for ins. the guy from ebay sent my package to the wrong address and pay pal denied my claim saying he sent it. i later recieved the package thanks to a good guy at the post office that saw the name and po box didnt match. I think as long as seller can show they sent it they should be covered unless buyer asked for ins. thats why i like fed ex 100 free.
Insurance is a couple dollars or less no matter who you go through. Is $2.00 worth the hassle?

What is wrong with peoples common sense now a days as a seller it is your responsibility to insure the buyer recieves his package as it was described. The excuse he didnt ask me to insure is a silly and very weak cop out that is straight bull **** if you cant afford to sell and insure the package gets to the buyer dont sell period.

i have perfect feed back on all sites im on " ebay, planit minis, thesamba.com " i use my name except on ebay its type34me and i bought a few things on here and caco and im selling a amp on here to a guy " so im not that worried about it and most of my stuff does go out with ins. i just have seen , heard , read things that go wrong. and just wanted to see what you guys thought. so if packages gets dropped off and fedex shows that, but guy says that he never got it " that is the sellers fault " still ?

i have perfect feed back on all sites im on " ebay, planit minis, thesamba.com " i use my name except on ebay its type34me and i bought a few things on here and caco and im selling a amp on here to a guy " so im not that worried about it and most of my stuff does go out with ins. i just have seen , heard , read things that go wrong. and just wanted to see what you guys thought. so if packages gets dropped off and fedex shows that, but guy says that he never got it " that is the sellers fault " still ?
as the seller you are fully responsible for it til buyer ha it in his posession. Its no different than if you bought a product fed ex says left at front door and you get home its not there would you be like well it was delivered its all on me now i am just out $300. No you would be pissed and want your product or money.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

gckless

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
gckless
San Antonio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies