Line Driver for Tantrum T1200.1?

pudgewack
10+ year member

KCMO
I just ordered a PG t1200.1 to push my 15a. I can not wait to give the 15a some real power. Just wondering if a line driver would offer any benefits for SQ or SPL with this amp? My friend has offered to sell me her brand new PG TLD22 (8 volts) line driver for $20. I have a Pioneer Premeir DEH-P740mp that has 4 volt (peak) outputs. I can not find any info on the maximum input voltage on the 1200.1. If the line driver would help this amp in any way, please let me know.

Thanks,

Matt

How do you know if you are sending a 14.4 volt signal or 12?
use a multimeter your car should put out around 14 when running.

i think the t1200.1 max in put from the rca's is 4 volt's " i think thats what the links says"

How do you know if you are sending a 14.4 volt signal or 12?
Just to clarify, input "signal" is what is coming from your HU. Input power is the voltage coming from your car's electrical system.

That amp will make full power with an input from your HU of anywhere between 100mV and 4V. A line driver will not do you any good, and with the HU that you have your gain should be set just slightly above min to keep from clipping the amp (the Alpines don't reach 4V before they start to clip themselves).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.