limited volume/stuffing/speaker arangement options

Participant count
  • Participant list

Yurtalpus

I am looking to beef up my jeep wranglers sound system. In order to conceal the box inside my rear seat it will be roughly .64 ft^3. The speaker/s would be pointed down at the floor. I listen to rock/alternative/industrial mainly so planned on using 8 inch subs.

I understand that you can use fiber fillers to "add" volume to a box but am not sure if it would be appropriate in this case or how exactly you determine how tightly to pack.

My question is about subs and the various volumes they are rated for. I was looking at 2x 8" kicker comp's but they each require .5 ft^3 which would require a 60% increase in box volume. I have noticed that other brands of 8" subs seem to have a lower volume requirements and may be a better choice. JL/JBL/Polk/Rockford/Alpine/Pioneer

With this in mind, those who have more experience then myself, I am wanting to know what the difference between these options would be.

1) stuff that box and use the 2x kickers.

2) use 2x lower volume req subs.

3) use a 10" sub and stuff if needed.

Feel free to toss out other options as well.

Thanks for your time,

Yurtalpus

1 to 1.5 lbs of polyfill per cu ft of box space supposedly "increases" the effective box volume by 25-35%. According to articles on the web. There are subs designed for small enclosures - Google is your friend - for instance the Boston G3 10" is ideal in a 0.5 cu ft box. Do some research.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.