Limited head unit Pre-out options

Participant count
  • Participant list

Philip47

I’m starting off by saying :

I have a DEH-X6900BT pioneer head unit that is equipped with 4 pre-outs that are each rated at 2 volts

I have 2 of these pre outs hooked up directly to a Rockford fosgate 4x250 amp

The other 2 preouts I’m wanting to split so that they go to both the Rockford fosgate and another 2 channel amp for subs (the 4x250 is powering door speakers)

Now this is where I can NOT find the answer to the life of me, my headunit has two factory rear speakers directly wired to the headunit harness. And the 4 other speakers are wired (through a amp) to the given preouts. If I was to split the rear left and right pre-outs to route to another amp would this disrupt the signal too much? That would be a total of 7-8 speakers on a 4 channel headunit and I’m not sure if 2 volts is enough to carry that... I’ve been reading on this subject for a week and have gotten nowhere.

If this creates too much distortion at the HU do I need to instal a line driver? If so , which one? because I can’t seem to find one that doesn’t have a bunch of useless “extra’s” with a hefty premium

And my last question, if I was to instal a line driver where would I put it for this application, would I put it before or after the rear Y SPLITTERS or would I need to put it on all 4 preouts to keep the HU running without too much “load”

Any answers to this would be much appreciated

2 volts is weak. They do that to keep noise level minimal but at the same time the gain on the amp has to be turned up more than usual to match the voltage on the amp...

I’m starting off by saying :I have a DEH-X6900BT pioneer head unit that is equipped with 4 pre-outs that are each rated at 2 volts

I have 2 of these pre outs hooked up directly to a Rockford fosgate 4x250 amp

The other 2 preouts I’m wanting to split so that they go to both the Rockford fosgate and another 2 channel amp for subs (the 4x250 is powering door speakers)

Now this is where I can NOT find the answer to the life of me, my headunit has two factory rear speakers directly wired to the headunit harness. And the 4 other speakers are wired (through a amp) to the given preouts. If I was to split the rear left and right pre-outs to route to another amp would this disrupt the signal too much? That would be a total of 7-8 speakers on a 4 channel headunit and I’m not sure if 2 volts is enough to carry that... I’ve been reading on this subject for a week and have gotten nowhere.

If this creates too much distortion at the HU do I need to instal a line driver? If so , which one? because I can’t seem to find one that doesn’t have a bunch of useless “extra’s” with a hefty premium

And my last question, if I was to instal a line driver where would I put it for this application, would I put it before or after the rear Y SPLITTERS or would I need to put it on all 4 preouts to keep the HU running without too much “load”

Any answers to this would be much appreciated
You can split them but you are going to loose a little voltage.

2v is enough. Your amp should go down to 1/2 volt. You just have to turn the gains up a bit.

Just make sure you keep the left and right channels split correctly!!

Thank you!!! Would I need to turn up the gain on both amps?

Would my factory speakers connected to harness affect anything?

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.