lights dimming

Memphis2011
10+ year member

Hey can someone help me out my lights dim at mid volume and I already have a 1 farad cap and 5 gauge wire to my Memphis 16-PR1.500 that powers my 2 memphis 10s that are 250/500 each if I just do the big 3 upgrade can I keep from buying a Ho alternator and battery?

big 3 will help, and extra bat will help........get an agm if you can lower esr, and strain on your alt......but there is no real replacement from an ho alt.....

but i would do big 3 and add a socond batt first even if its a small bat like a kinetik hc600 it will help out, with feeding your amps

Take that cap out first to see if that is the problem..It may be a bad cap..Caps are pretty much useless and do not perform up to the specs,and are pretty much a gimmick to buy.Look cool ,but are basically CRAP!, If taking that out works, then that was your issue..If you want some juice at the amps, I recommend putting a small battery/or a battery in its place, but at the wattage you are at..I dont see why you are having dimming issues, unless your stock alternator or batt under the hood is bad.Can go to Orielys and get it tested with ,and without a load on it for free??Yet,take that cap out first try that..Id still get your batt checked out though..Its free???

OP you're doing one if not many things wrong if you have dimming at 500watts. You need to redo your grounds (I'm suspecting) they need to be sanded down where they are connected to shiny metal, there are only 2 kinds of grounds a good ground and everything else which is bad. Do the Big 3 in 4gauge, again make sure your grounds are shiny and good. get a better battery up front if that one is bad, if it is not bad add a small battery to the back, once you've done that take that cap out and sell it. As stated above they are junk, I won't go into detail for you but with caps they are a great theory, but really cannot be done well, without having maybe 50-100 smaller caps all in parallel....thats me being serious too.

Amps clipping
This too. Turn all your bassboost to off, turn bass on your HU to 0 if those settings aren't already at 0 all those settings do is add distortion which is very very very very very very very you get my point harmful to your subwoofer.

The cap just doesn't do anything for you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif you can disconnect it and run straight to your amp. sell that cap. we're not saying it's malfunctioning we're telling you it's a worthless purchase sorry to say. If you're determined to keep it you need to charge those up with the tool they give you with it before you connect it to your system. (the tool looks like a little light bulb)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.