Lexan 2-12 ported box

Participant count
  • Participant list

cherryman
10+ year member

Im almost done with my latest build its a 3/4 mdf skeleton over 1/4 lexan very strong no flex has an interior spider leg

support that reinforces the walls. Its a down fire box the legs not pictured are interchangeable to accommodate for different seat/floor restrictions. The exterior film on the lexan purposely left on for the user to paint or peel later. I've just ordered a 48x48 cnc machine Ill be doing image carving and intricate details and will be posting more of my builds to get the community's feedback and suggestions.

That's pretty cool! Used to work a lot with lexan when I was younger a plastics fabrication place. Stuff is very strong as well as light. But it used to be pretty expensive. What was the overall cost of the materials on this thing?

I reach out to people on cl and found a glass company owner who was selling off cut scraps and bought them all for 70.00 I have enough to build about 6 more enclosures. The key is always visit glass company's or cabinet makers they are always willing to give you a better deal on offcuts the original customer has alrdy paid for.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.