Legacy Head Unit

kvnband

OK, I have a 2000 neon. It came factory with a tape deck & I just bought a cheap legacy head unit, as I'm not looking for great quality or anything. Now, when i first installed it, it skipped constantly. Then, it sort of calmed down after awhile and played good. Now it is skipping every time I hit the tiniest of bumps. Can anybody help me with this problem? I would like to be able to listen to my CDs without having to listen to the noises from skipping.

Thanks

Kevin

wags
10+ year member

Prime Minister of Funk
#1 Ditch the legacy head unit for it is that cheap for a reason

#2 Pick up a pioneer, kenwood, panasonic, clarion, eclipse, or other mainstream head unit

#3 Enjoy cd's without constant skipping and piss poor quality

#4 Put Legacy head unit to stick of lit dynamite

OP
K

kvnband

:) **** that *****. The reason I got it in the first place was because it played MP3 CDs. And, direct from legacy it costs like 200? And at Wal-Mart they have pioneers for like 60. So, I assumed the more expensive one would be better, but I guess i was wrong :)

So, money is an option here, so are there any units (cheap) that would allow me to play my MP3 cds, and not skip?

Thanks

Kevin

As soon as I get me another unit, I'll try to sell this POS on ebay I guess.

OP
K

kvnband

was bought as 'factory refurbished' on ebay. Came with a 1 year warranty, and it's only been in my car for about 4 days. I still have the warranty card and everything so I can sell it again as factory refurbished. But does anyone have any cheap suggestions for a replacement HU?

Taycron
10+ year member

The new Alpines are coming out so the old one's are selling for cheap money. I went to Circuit City and they were selling the CDA-9811 for $240.00 installed, not including parts....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.