Left side of componenets cutting in/out?

PuZo
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I think its just loose wiring somewhere, but on my driver side, the components cut in and out. They will play for maybe like 15 seconds then just turn off, then come back like 30 minutes later. Could it be just a loose wire somewhere?

Same thing was happening to me and that's the advice I got. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

It's most likely the connection at the terminal.

I was lazy and didn't solder and shrink wrap the wires on my left mid, and used the crappy little crimp connectors, and it was a little big, so I crushed it a little bit to fit on the terminal tight.

A week later the mid constantly cut in and out. Pulled the door panel and the connector was just barely touching the mid.

It's most likely the connection at the terminal.
I was lazy and didn't solder and shrink wrap the wires on my left mid, and used the crappy little crimp connectors, and it was a little big, so I crushed it a little bit to fit on the terminal tight.

A week later the mid constantly cut in and out. Pulled the door panel and the connector was just barely touching the mid.
it's always better to do it right the first time LOL

it's always better to do it right the first time LOL
Not when it's almost dark out, no light to work with but the interior light in the car, and mosquitos are biting the **** out of you. That **** can get VERY frustrating.

I'm happy now, though. We're buying an office/bay space. It's 2000 square feet, 1000 of it is office space, and the other 1000 square feet is a garage/bay. I can has some where to work on muh car. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Not when it's almost dark out, no light to work with but the interior light in the car, and mosquitos are biting the **** out of you. That **** can get VERY frustrating.
I'm happy now, though. We're buying an office/bay space. It's 2000 square feet, 1000 of it is office space, and the other 1000 square feet is a garage/bay. I can has some where to work on muh car. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
OMG i hate that, i don't know how many times i have went through that when it's like 90+ degrees and humid as fawk and then the **** mosquitoes come and f uck it all up. That's when i just throw everything in the garage and call it a day. LOL

I had that issue a while back....loose RCA connection on the Component amp side for me but does sound like some soft of wiring issue, possibly a bad x-over?

Mine does the same and it's definitely the RCA connection at the amp. Luckily, my amp is directly behind my seat because its a reg cab truck so all I have to do is tug the RCA when it's going in and out and it goes back to normal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.