Left hi's and mid's stopped working??

Participant count
  • Participant list

Justin braaapp

CarAudio.com Elite
Okay this is going to be really hard to explain. First off I my setup consists of an fi sp4 15, a nendo 3500 two batteries and optima yellow top up front and an xs 3400 in the rear. yesterday i was playing it for probably 15 minutes pretty hard driving around the streets and the sub turned off and there was a loud pop kind of sound that came from the speakers and the speakers got real static sounding and didn't sound right so i first looked at the fuse coming from my rear battery to my sub amp and saw that the plastic case from the fuse had melted into the subwoofer wires coming out of the box and that was why it caused the sub to turn off and as soon as i changed the fuse block the sub came back on and the right speakers came back on but the left speakers still wont work. I really don't think the speakers are blown so is there anything you guys would advise me to check that would possibly be causing this problem? Thanks guys I appreciate all the help

Check the impedance of your left speakers, check for voltage coming out of the amp to that side, check for disconnected or shorted wires. You're going to have to get busy with your DMM.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.