Lead acid batt inside trunk?

the regular battery will let off gases in the trunk...if not properly vented...that will eventiually eat away at the material. usually on the back seat and carpets.
Most modern 'maintenance free' batt vents have a filter which allows gas to pass but stops the sulfuric acid mist. I'm guessing your experience was with an older battery.

I'm sure sulfuric acid mist would burn your lungs, but all batts now use a filter to prevent that.

As far as hydrogen goes, it is non-toxic.

1. Is hydrogen more dangerous than gasoline?
Since any fuel we use is flammable, it is inherently dangerous. Hydrogen is often used as a gaseous fuel, which makes it similar to natural gas and town gas, which have been used in America, Europe, and Asia for heating and lighting for almost two centuries. One difference is that hydrogen is nontoxic, so it’s not harmful to breathe. It’s also so light that it scatters immediately upward when there is a leak, rather than pooling about, polluting groundwater, and soaking into clothes. The end assessment is that when hydrogen is handled with care appropriate to any gaseous fuel, it is safer than fuels in standard use.
http://www.hydrogennow.org/Facts/FAQs.htm#15

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

I Like Waffle
North Carolina
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
smoka
IMG_1154.png