8's in doors?

Participant count
  • Participant list

tigerf117
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Well I was going to put the work into glassing my doors, or basically whatever it'll take to add these peerless sls 8's in my doors. I'm now debating installing them in the back beside the passenger seats. It'd be a whole lot less work. Crossed somewhere like 45-250hz or so. I'm subless and will probably be for a while until next spring/summer. Unless the 8's are enough.

I listen to mainly rock and grunge/sludge which is very midbass heavy, which is why I may stick with just interiors. On the other hand I don't want to screw up imaging really bad by putting them in the rear.

Ebay CLicky

There's a decent pic of the back seat where the speakers would go.

What do you think?

how well you plan to seal them?

you bulding a box in the door?

could be a nice set up if you want to stay without a big sub build.

I got 8's for subs and 6.5 mids, I couldn't stretch high enough mid bass I wanted with 8's in a sealed box, so crossed them low to be just subs, may work with a tiny box each (sealed doors).

Percussive attack and midbass from songs is much more pleasing when the drivers are staged in front of you/ front of car. You get more of that chest attack!

People have said the SLS are good for free air. Any experience with them? XLS for sealed pods. I didn't see any XLS smaller than 10 though, and they seemed like dedicated subwoofers, not good for midbass but I dont know for sure. Thanks for the input here to buy

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.