LC8 or 3sixty.1

From what I remember in researching a few months ago, the only product, of the three you mentioned, that will allow you to utilize the steering wheel volume control is the Rockford 3Sixty.

The other two utilize a separate control knob to alter volume. Not advantageous if you ask me.

I chose the 3Sixty.2 b/c having a good EQ on a system is worth every penny, and if you can combine, a good crossover, eq, and line output converter in 1 box...well then you have a winning product.

It allows me to keep my stock HU look and have everything else be as stealth as possible with great sound. Having the bluetooth interface on a Palm or Windows mobile device at first seemed like a PITA, but once you use it, it's better than anything else out there. I can sit in my drivers seat and tweak away...not make ad adjustment in the trunk and then go sit in my seat only to find out I adjusted it incorrectly.

From what I remember in researching a few months ago, the only product, of the three you mentioned, that will allow you to utilize the steering wheel volume control is the Rockford 3Sixty.The other two utilize a separate control knob to alter volume. Not advantageous if you ask me.

I chose the 3Sixty.2 b/c having a good EQ on a system is worth every penny, and if you can combine, a good crossover, eq, and line output converter in 1 box...well then you have a winning product.

It allows me to keep my stock HU look and have everything else be as stealth as possible with great sound. Having the bluetooth interface on a Palm or Windows mobile device at first seemed like a PITA, but once you use it, it's better than anything else out there. I can sit in my drivers seat and tweak away...not make ad adjustment in the trunk and then go sit in my seat only to find out I adjusted it incorrectly.
Thanks for the help, I haven't been able to get too many reviews or answers on these products. The 3sixty.2 does sound like a really nice product but it's over my budget with having to buy the unit and a palm and I just recently bought an Audio Control EQ-XII for a pretty good deal so that's what I'll be eq'ing with. I didn't know that you have to use the knob with the LC8. So now I guess my only option is the 3sixty. However I have been looking at the JVC KD-NX5000, it's just so **** nice!

Thanks for the help, I haven't been able to get too many reviews or answers on these products. The 3sixty.2 does sound like a really nice product but it's over my budget with having to buy the unit and a palm and I just recently bought an Audio Control EQ-XII for a pretty good deal so that's what I'll be eq'ing with. I didn't know that you have to use the knob with the LC8. So now I guess my only option is the 3sixty. However I have been looking at the JVC KD-NX5000, it's just so **** nice!
After reviewing Audiocontrol web site, it seems the LC8's control knob is for subwoofer control, just like the 3Sixty, so this product will work perfectly for you. Sorry for the confusion:crap:

Have you also looked at their new product DQL8?

It's everything the 3Sixty is, but amde by Audio control. EQ'ing right from the box, no Palm required...but like I mentioned before you have to tune, then go test in the seat and go back to adjust. Not ideal, but still works perfectly.

If you want to replace the HU, then you will have to deal with an adapter to retain steering wheel controls....not fun. Plus it increased the theft factor.

I personally wanted to keep the look stock, being I drive an Audi. I have phone controls and volume, etc built into the wheel and didn't want to loose all that just for a pretty face. Especially when the power of the RF 3Sixty or DQL8 will give me more control than any HU out there.

**** you! Now I really don't know what to do. I think I'll go with the LC8 just because it might interface easier with my EQ-XII and it's not too expensive. One last question that you might be able to answer, my HU plays MP3 and WMA's but I'm having the hardest time making cds through real player that'll actually play on my HU. I think it's because of copyrighted protection or something like that. Is there a way to get rid of it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Beerdrnkr

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
Beerdrnkr
San Diego
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date