LC7i tapping more then one channel

Participant count
  • Participant list

ldejavul

home
After doing way to much reading on the forums I have an idea, just not sure if it would work. I have read that the center channel in my car has some audio that isn't presented to the left and right dash. I would like to tap the center and feed it into both left and right input on the lc7i. I would still have the center playing but would like to feed that signal to the front left and right as well. Will that work or would tapping the signal mess up the impedance and cause crazy issues? Can I run more then one channel into a single lc7i input or will it mess up?

Right now I have all the input channels used on the lc7i for front l/r and rear /l/r. This is the only way I can see getting the center channel added. They are all amped except the center and I can tell that some of the audio is missing. Just trying to find a way to get that sound into the front left and right speakers.

Including a terribly drawn image to help make this clear. I would like to tap not cut off the signal going to the center channel and lump it in with the front l/r input on the lc7i

The only way to know for sure, IMO, is to give it a try. I don't know if it will sound right though, could have a huge impact on your imaging.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.