Large 10" subwoofer test/review

2000LaDe
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
So I plan on doing a big testing review on several different 10" woofers in my crz. I'm going to try to get upwards of 20-30 different mid to low level 10s to try out. If anyone has suggestions or any 10" woofers laying around and would be willing to part with them or even sell for a cheap price let me know. I'm doing a test similar to the 15" woofer test done. but the only difference is im gonna try my best to get each woofer tested on as close to 750watts as possible for a burp. so it may be off a few watts here and there but as close to 750 as possible. if i think a woofer cant handle that much power for the burp i will write it down and do a burp at around 500 watts. i dont want to damage any woofers in this testing because some of them will be loaners.

Spl high freq test. Spl low freq daily box test. Spl vs power.

The plan is to take video of each test done on each woofer as well as graph out all the results. I will be using one of the Spl tubes I made for finals last year for the spl high freq portion and design a single 10" daily tuned box for that portion. All woofers will be tested in the same enclosures which won't be 100% accurate for each woofer but the majority of lower line 10s will require the same amount of air space and what not.

Thoughts on any other kinds of testing that could be done?

I'm down to test any 10" woofer. I have 4 already. Another person is letting me test their stock pile they have just gotta pay shipping ill purchase all that I can. But pm me if u wanna contribute and ill pay shipping. It is not a VS review so it will be 100% unbias

it will take some time for all the testing and results once i get all the woofers and get them all tested.

Right now to test i have (will edit this everytime i get a new woofer)

1. Sundown Sa 10

2. Sundown Zv3 10 nightshade softparts

3. Cadence S2-Series S2W10

4. Treo Engineering Tsi 10

5. AA chaos 10 (paid for waiting for it)

Last edited by a moderator:
i could use all the help i can get. im really looking for people that just have stuff laying around they wouldnt mind parting with. i will buy new if i think the woofer looks like its worth it to me to spend the extra cash on. my budget is free-120$ roughly. not looking for high end woofers for this test unless someone wants to loan them and ill give them back.

i understand there is a million variables when doing test thats why this isnt a well this one is better than this one review. just showing my general results. people can take what they want from it. thats why im doing higher freq test and lower freq tests.

Any results yet?
no i just came up with the idea yesterday. and im trying to get woofers before i start the testing so i can do this all at the same time instead of some now and some later. im heading for vacation today so

****! Sounds cool. Are you posting the differences with each sub's resistance? Or are you going to reduce them down as far as will go? I wish I was there to joint in on this experiment. I dnt even have a 10 to contribute either...

For a cheap subwoofer,that Id like to see you test out ,would be a Lanzar Max Pro DVC4ohm sub..Can you try one of those out?id like to see the results of that sub.. dont have one lying around, but they are cheap on ebay:)

I live in Lafayette with you. I have at your disposal a LANZAR LP10 and an LXR10, Clarion SEW1057 and a PG XS104. None of those can handle near the power you're looking at giving, but you can barrow them. I could even help some if needed. 3 of those are nib.

So you're back from service. Glad to see you made it back Hank. Prayed for you every night.

Mike

Ordered Sundown e10,sd2 10 Tantric sounds LD 10 , MD 10 About to order Audiotechnix strato and tropo 10s

Purchased a used Red Sony explode 10 ftw!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.