L7 louder than W7

How does Xbl make such a big difference in SPL installs?

Would you take a Xbl equipped driver over say an APX in an SPL environment? I wouldn't.
when are my brains when i need them?my previous statement of "i will loss this" still holds.

i think the xbl thing geole goes into detail in that thread.so yea..i THINK so..

Seriously now...are you retarded?
So what you're saying is that one of my Ultimate Pro Series 10"s ($6 from PE) can hold a candle (SPL-wise) to the Brahma 15 I was using? I think not.
slightly,slightly. but i didnt say it was the only thing...GHAH i cant explain myself..

oh well,at least im stupid and i have that! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/help.gif.cee8f684da1ba626487a8bc51152e1ec.gif

my opinion on this, i've compared a single L7 15" and a single W7 13 to each other off roughly 1200-1400watts a piece. boht in box's geared for SPL purposes in the back of my jimmy. the L7 given 6.5cuft 48hz tuning nice lil spike at 54hz and the W7 in a 4.4cuft 40hz box spike around 48hz or so. now neither sounded good in all honesty though the W7 was more appealing. the difference in Db's off of 8 dif. tests was less than 1.1 db's from highest to highest with the avg being like .2 db's different. personally, if i had the $$ for it i'd go for a W7 and own ass in both Sq then SPL at comps.

adam

When you compare a W7 to an L7 most people look on paper for the specs for both models and just make an assumption based on that, or say that they've heard both and that one is louder than another.. 1.) The w7 clearly looks better with it specs 2.) How can you be really sure which one is louder when they are both in the vicinity of 150db's, you're not going to be able to detect a 2db diff by the naked ear...

I'd have to agree that yes, going by stats n specs the w7 shud be louder, but does that necessarily mean that it will be, no.. each sub is gonna sound different in different cars, using different amps, boxes, etc... I guess the only sort of show down between the two that will actually have any relivance, is one where both subs are put into their optimum spl setups and are metered using the same mic, this being done officiallly, so there people have an etched in stone account of really which one was louder in this scenario.. In my opinion it would be close, down to a Db.

Ok if we go by stats would the new mtx sub be better than, a jl w7...

hmmm, if so y r people not talking about it so much.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nerd.gif.c6fa51ddf7ff75f1c0371fbc648f70ae.gif

When you compare a W7 to an L7 most people look on paper for the specs for both models and just make an assumption based on that, or say that they've heard both and that one is louder than another.. 1.) The w7 clearly looks better with it specs 2.) How can you be really sure which one is louder when they are both in the vicinity of 150db's, you're not going to be able to detect a 2db diff by the naked ear...I'd have to agree that yes, going by stats n specs the w7 shud be louder, but does that necessarily mean that it will be, no.. each sub is gonna sound different in different cars, using different amps, boxes, etc... I guess the only sort of show down between the two that will actually have any relivance, is one where both subs are put into their optimum spl setups and are metered using the same mic, this being done officiallly, so there people have an etched in stone account of really which one was louder in this scenario.. In my opinion it would be close, down to a Db.
so basically from my research and product testing between the 2 your talking about my study:D.

adam

The thing I noticed about the W7 when I demoed them is that they are sooo loud without the distortion I'm used to hearing...so they seemed quieter than some setups but when my head rung for hours afterwords i realized how loud it really was.

Absolutely true. Everyone who sits in my car (Myself included!) notes how "Clean" the 12W7 is, but a few peole have said "It's loud, but not that much louder than your 12W6v2."

Well, Let me tell ya. It's loud. After I listen to the 12W7 at some high levels, I'm literally fatigued. My whole body is tired. It is one impressive driver.

Too bad most of the time I keep it at a respectable level, and it produces 12.5" of sonic bliss //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.