L7 louder than W7

you know what I'm so sick of ppl worshipping the W7, an XXX, DD9500, and Treo CSX will all rip the s*it out of a W7 in SPL, L7 vs W7 it's close whatever, but theres better subs out there for spl than the W7, easily..

you know what I'm so sick of ppl worshipping the W7, an XXX, DD9500, and Treo CSX will all rip the s*it out of a W7 in SPL, L7 vs W7 it's close whatever, but theres better subs out there for spl than the W7, easily..
Save maybe the XXX, I'd take a W7 over any of the aforementioned woofers in a daily 'SPL' setup...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Save maybe the XXX, I'd take a W7 over any of the aforementioned woofers in a daily 'SPL' setup...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
amen to that.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

The thing I noticed about the W7 when I demoed them is that they are sooo loud without the distortion I'm used to hearing...so they seemed quieter than some setups but when my head rung for hours afterwords i realized how loud it really was.

No.....A 13W7 with 1000 watts vs. an L7 with 1000 watts both ported or sealed in the same kind of car with the same type of install would not even be close. The W7 would dominate, just look at the numbers and T/S parameters for both. W7's are expensive as ****, but you get what you pay for, a loud nice soundin sub. Maybe you need to check another thread about the W7 L7 debate...
http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=40377

AHHH...that ludpower guys was the biggest dumbass...
if its in an spl install..read it and weep.

http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=41226&page=2&pp=15

its all about the bl of the sub in spl.displacement means nothing in spl install.BUT were talking daily..and w7 would prolly be louder..

just because its expensive,doesnt mean its worth it neccesarily.

but it shows excursion isnt a factor so therefor the w7's excursion isnt a factor in the comparison.
Excursion is a factor //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Find a sub that is suspension limited at around 5 mm, don't care what kind of motor force you have, when you're moving something farther than that, it's gonna get louder. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Excursion is a factor //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Find a sub that is suspension limited at around 5 mm, don't care what kind of motor force you have, when you're moving something farther than that, it's gonna get louder. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
then what was all the resonnat freq stuff you and geol said about at resn freq your subs dont move much more than a few mm anyway,so if its limited to 5mm and it only need to move 5mm would it not still be fine for an spl install?unless you are talking xbl2 and then a whole bunch of techincal crap comes into play that im not 100% on but the bl remains flat so you can play them at full excursion,or someting along the lines of that.

I was saying high excursions in an spl install dont matter unless its xbl2.

gah...im gonna loose this..i know it..

then what was all the resonnat freq stuff you and geol said about at resn freq your subs dont move much more than a few mm anyway,so if its limited to 5mm and it only need to move 5mm would it not still be fine for an spl install?unless you are talking xbl2 and then a whole bunch of techincal crap comes into play that im not 100% on but the bl remains flat so you can play them at full excursion,or someting along the lines of that.
I was saying high excursions in an spl install dont matter unless its xbl2.

gah...im gonna loose this..i know it..
At your resonant frequency you won't be moving the sub all that much...but you take a sub that's limited to 5 mm of throw and one that's at 30 mm of throw, you're gonna be moving more air regardless of the fraction of xmax that is being reached at resonance...

How does Xbl make such a big difference in SPL installs?

Would you take a Xbl equipped driver over say an APX in an SPL environment? I wouldn't.

displacement means nothing in spl install
Seriously now...are you retarded?

So what you're saying is that one of my Ultimate Pro Series 10"s ($6 from PE) can hold a candle (SPL-wise) to the Brahma 15 I was using? I think not.

Seriously now...are you retarded?
So what you're saying is that one of my Ultimate Pro Series 10"s ($6 from PE) can hold a candle (SPL-wise) to the Brahma 15 I was using? I think not.

Well...

The Funky Pups would own the Brahma....

Brahma doesn't go BOOM!! like so. fool.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.