L7 12's and jbl1200

Participant count
  • Participant list

hiloracerboy84
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ok...ive got some problems with my setup!

i have two kicker L7 12's (dual 4 ohm), and i want to run them off of my jbl1200.

ive been running 1 for the past few months now, and i have to say..its pretty **** loud!(147.4-on dash)-i was running the amp at 2 ohms...but recently ive tried to put my second sub in, and run the amp at a 1ohm load, and the amp clips!!! the guys at my local shop said that i have to run the amp at 2 ohms...the amp is 1 ohm STABLE, but not 1ohm POUNDABLE...is this true? nebody have this same type of setup w/ comments plz feel free to leave them

thanks a lot

p.s.-if i cant run the subs w/ the amp, im thiking of goin to two jbl 600s or getting the dual 2 ohm vc subs which would be better?

thanks

Originally posted by hiloracerboy84 ok...ive got some problems with my setup!

i have two kicker L7 12's (dual 4 ohm), and i want to run them off of my jbl1200.

ive been running 1 for the past few months now, and i have to say..its pretty **** loud!(147.4-on dash)-i was running the amp at 2 ohms...but recently ive tried to put my second sub in, and run the amp at a 1ohm load, and the amp clips!!! the guys at my local shop said that i have to run the amp at 2 ohms...the amp is 1 ohm STABLE, but not 1ohm POUNDABLE...is this true? nebody have this same type of setup w/ comments plz feel free to leave them

thanks a lot

im going with the exact setup. i get my subs tomorrow and install them friday. a guy at jbl recommended NOT running the amp at one ohm. thats why im using dual 2 ohms.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

hiloracerboy84

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
hiloracerboy84
san jose, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date