l5 or l7 kicker

are you doing a wall or are you doing it in a trunk? Those L7s need a lot more airspace then factory recommendations to actually perform well. Seriously though i would really spend that money on more powerful woofers if your buyin new.

b/c u pay for the name more than you do the quality, alot of smart people here and i am sure someone could point you towards a better sub for the money

im not a newbie to car audio , but id like to know why the kickers l7 are a bad choice ? i like the extra surface area , but i see nobody uses them why is that?
weak voice coil, weak magnet, horrible sound quality. For the same price you can get a custom square sub built by corey aka splaudio that'll destroy the L7 in every way possible.

im not a newbie to car audio , but id like to know why the kickers l7 are a bad choice ? i like the extra surface area , but i see nobody uses them why is that?
I seen a pacman wall with 24 L7 8's get smoked by 2 15's. The old L7 subs which were better.

The L5's were discontinued several years ago - L7's are your only option if your planning to buy new.

If you've got the room to do 4 12's - way more cone area than 2 15s, just don't underestimate how big of a box they L7s 'like'...

i have a 95 chevy caprice and i was wondering should i go with a l5 or l7 solo baric subs i thought about doing 4 12s or 2 15s but i dont know which ones to choose

The L5's were discontinued several years ago - L7's are your only option if your planning to buy new.If you've got the room to do 4 12's - way more cone area than 2 15s, just don't underestimate how big of a box they L7s 'like'...
I thought about that ima go with 4 12s kicker l7s

For the same price as four L7s, get two DD 9915s, put them in a ~9 ft^3 box with about 150 sq in of port on 5-7K and let that **** absolutely doo doo on everyone else's setup in your area. Especially if they're the types running Kicker/RF/JL subs anyways.

And to the OP, no a Boss Audio 5000 watt amp does not put out 5000 watts, or anything close to it. Just being preemptive, I can see that being the next question.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Youngscrappa23

Youngscrappa23
Davenport ia
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
globalminds_ent