KnuKonceptz RCAs Noise

Participant count
  • Participant list

TWiZTiD859
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
KY
Well i had some knukonceptz rcas that i bought a few years ago and i decided to finally use em. I switched out my crappy wal-mart ones with these and now there is a noise everytime i switch songs or when im drivin. Whats up with that? They are not running next to power,ground, or speaker wires and i no ive got a good ground. So why would the cheap wal-mart rcas not make noise and these do? Ive read the stickey about this and the only thing i didnt try is grounding the rcas to the HU. Do you all think i just got a bad pair of rcas? Cuz why would these make noise and the other ones not?

if you didnt have noise before, and you have noise now, it shouldnt be the ground. maybe that knukonceptz rca is damaged. my only suggestions is to use some electric looms to cover where your rca connections are because that's how i got rid of my noises.

if you didnt have noise before, and you have noise now, it shouldnt be the ground. maybe that knukonceptz rca is damaged. my only suggestions is to use some electric looms to cover where your rca connections are because that's how i got rid of my noises.
can you please elaborate using electrical looms to rid of your noises? did you wrap the rca connections?

I used a set of KnuKonceptz RCAs about 6 months ago. I to had the same problem with noise. I switched to a set of Stingers' and had no more problems.

Ground loop - The cheapo set probably uses a smaller diameter ground inside the RCA. Upgrading to a cable with a larger gauge wire lowers the resistance going through that cable. IF you have a poor ground at the HU that is why you now have noise. Our cable has less resistance then the ground your HU is getting from the factory harness. Upgrade HU ground - also see Pioneer Goround loop thread if you have a Pioneer

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.