Kinetic HC2000 alone or together with stock Battery

eroc162
10+ year member

Hey guys Im new the battery stuff. I have a 12w7 and a PDX1000 amp with a 2 farad cap (stock 90amp altenator) and my lights dim a bit so I ordered a Kinetic HC2000 Battery which hasnt arrived yet. Is that a good enough battery to run alone or do I keep both batteries. I figured a deep cycle battery would be best.

Hey guys Im new the battery stuff. I have a 12w7 and a PDX1000 amp with a 2 farad cap (stock 90amp altenator) and my lights dim a bit so I ordered a Kinetic HC2000 Battery which hasnt arrived yet. Is that a good enough battery to run alone or do I keep both batteries. I figured a deep cycle battery would be best.
Ah, the new guy eh? Ditch the cap, worthless piece of junk. Its not a battery, and doesnt help with dimming or what ever someone told you. But I would just add it to the stock, doesnt make since to ditch the front one. Thats more juice for the amp.

My main battery is in the trunk of my car. So I guess both would be in the rear. That *****. lol. Anyone have any pics or suggestions on how to hide the extra battery.

so he can use his stock battery along with a kinetic? i was under the impression that two different battery types.. not brands is not good. enlighten me

I have a Bmw so both batteries will be in the trunk. the stock battery is in the right corner of the trunk under a panel. My amp is right over the stock battery in a cabinet I made. the kinetic battery was going to take the stock batteries place unless you guys think otherwise . Its only a 1000watt system and my lights do dim a bit now.

I just installed the kinetic hc2000. The dimming is much better but I still get a slight dim. I only have 1000watts. If I open the doors while the music is on the lights dim more noticably. Its grounded directly to the frame. I have 4guage cables everywhere and the voltage is at 13.80 idling. I give up. any help. I do have the factory headunit if that helps.

just keep both batteries and upgrade to 1/0 gauge wires..dont need that much since your batteries are in the trunk..that must be sweet to install a system in and you dont need to run them thick ass wires all over your car...lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.