Kinda blown speaker, another one of these stories...

Participant count
  • Participant list

undeadxsunshine
10+ year member

what it is
York, PA
So some dumb bitch was in my car. while i'm paying attention to someone else right before we start going she turns my **** up almost all the way. as soon as i notice i turn it back down and yell at her. then we start driving and i turn the music back up to my normal listening level, but one of the rear speakers sounds horrible. it sounded like someone was crumpling a piece of paper. so i turn down the music low for a while and freak on the ***** that she just blew one of my new speakers.

my gains need to be turned down a tiny bit, but i was planning on readjusting everything when i get my sub, which is soon. so i knew that i never would turn it up past 20, it got loud then but didn't sound like it was close to being damaged at all.

bad for ignorant people that touch my stuff because i guess my speakers reach their mechanical and thermal limits before you hear any distortion from my amp clipping.

anyways it's weird later that night my speaker sounded pretty normal, and still does even when i crank it up a little. the sq is slightly not as good in the one that got damaged, but i was still surprised that it somehow sounds fairly normal after getting ****ed up.

If your system is so shitty that the instant it gets turned up to max volume that it breaks, youre not missing out on much anyway.
uhm it's not shitty? my amp can just put out more power than my speakers can handle... gonna get some comps for the front when i have the money so they can handle a little more power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.