kicker

Participant count
  • Participant list

regularg

hey guys just tryin to get some ideas. i have a zx750.4 amp hooked up to a pair of 650.2 qs components and a pair of 6x8 ks680.2(i think that is the model) i have an alpine 9886 h/u. my problem is that when i turn the volume up at high levels i get a crackle sound in the mids of the qs speakers which are my fronts. the gain on my amp is a little less than half way up the xover is at about 100hz and no bass boost. i have the high pass filter turn on on the amp and not the h/u. on the head unit i keep the bass at 0 on the h/u and the treble at 3db i think. so like i said at high volumes which is about 80% of the max volume i get a crackle. if i turn the bass up 3 db then the speakers crackle at 75% of max volume. so i would think these mids would be able to handle alot more bass then what im tryin to get out of them. i have the qs' hooked up through their xover. so i was wondering if anybody had any ideas why this is happening. i dont know if its my h/u, rcas or if maybe their is something wrong with the qs xovers. FORGOT TO MENTION I GET NO CRACKLE OR DISTORTION IN THE REAR 6x8 SPEAKERS. haha sorry for yellin

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys just tryin to get some ideas. i have a zx750.4 amp hooked up to a pair of 650.2 qs components and a pair of 6x8 ks680.2(i think that is the model) i have an alpine 9886 h/u. my problem is that when i turn the volume up at high levels i get a crackle sound in the mids of the qs speakers which are my fronts. the gain on my amp is a little less than half way up the xover is at about 100hz and no bass boost. i have the high pass filter turn on on the amp and not the h/u. on the head unit i keep the bass at 0 on the h/u and the treble at 3db i think. so like i said at high volumes which is about 80% of the max volume i get a crackle. if i turn the bass up 3 db then the speakers crackle at 75% of max volume. so i would think these mids would be able to handle alot more bass then what im tryin to get out of them. i have the qs' hooked up through their xover. so i was wondering if anybody had any ideas why this is happening. i dont know if its my h/u, rcas or if maybe their is something wrong with the qs xovers. FORGOT TO MENTION I GET NO CRACKLE OR DISTORTION IN THE REAR 6x8 SPEAKERS. haha sorry for yellin
do you get the crackle sounds from both mids or just one side?

egg

id suggest swapping the speaker leads at the amp and see if the crackle is heard from the rear speakers from there you can start to trouble shoot the problem. If you can hear the crackling in the rear speakers and the fronts are clean than move on to the rca's etc...

egg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.