Distribution Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

All_Logix
10+ year member

Formerly CivicGTi
Texas
This is probably a really dub question but I can't get a direct answer, Say you want to run a high amp system so you need to run 0/1 gauge, but your car is to small to hide that. What would be the problems that might arise from running 0/1 under the hood and through the firewall, then trying a distribution block right past that to say 3 8 gauge wires. would you need to fuse each one of those individual as well, would that cause any problems

Yeah I thought about that but I really don't want to drill into the trunk, I am trying to do as little permanent change as possible...I didnt even really drill into the firewall I found a plastic grommet and went trough that...any other thought

Hmmm, well if that wire chart is right, then could you run 4 guage for about 10 feet and then distribute it and be ok?

Unless you're going to be burping, in all reality, you'll be fine running 4ga wire the whole way. Music rarely ever gets close to max RMS output. Just use the proper fuse for a 4ga wire and you'll good to go.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

All_Logix

10+ year member
Formerly CivicGTi
All_Logix
Texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date