(Kicker) Solo Sag Syndrome...---sagging suspension---

If firing upward over long periods of time with fairly heavy play, it is possible (and actually fairly common) for the suspension to begin to sag in the rearward direction (if downfiring, it sags in the foward direction). But that is very serious...I've never seen a driver sag that far back before.

If firing upward over long periods of time with fairly heavy play, it is possible (and actually fairly common) for the suspension to begin to sag in the rearward direction (if downfiring, it sags in the foward direction). But that is very serious...I've never seen a driver sag that far back before.
ive seen this on quite a few subs actually... couldnt this be caused by putting the sub in too big of a box and feeding it too much power?

over excurding and stretching the spiders...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I have never seen it to that extent.

You could over-extend the driver on several occasions if not careful in a large enclosure and stretch the spiders out, but I still think that's quite a bit of sag.

idk... i guess ive always just assumed that it was caused by over excurding due to box, power, playing below tuning or something of that matter //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

idk... i guess ive always just assumed that it was caused by over excurding due to box, power, playing below tuning or something of that matter //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif
as seeing that only tards go to pawnshops to sell their ****, its highly probably its a fair combination of all those mentioned. It might also be a bad run of spiders, things have been known to happen like that to the best of companies.

as seeing that only tards go to pawnshops to sell their ****, its highly probably its a fair combination of all those mentioned. It might also be a bad run of spiders, things have been known to happen like that to the best of companies.
haha... well either way, solobarics = pwnt

That on 04 model, look at the pic. I had two 10" L7's and the spiders tore to hell on em. It makes a BAD knock noise. Trashed em immediately.....

I've got money says that woofer was firing up with too much power and the kid was playing under tuning. That would stretch the spiders causing them to sag that bad.

I've got money says that woofer was firing up with too much power and the kid was playing under tuning. That would stretch the spiders causing them to sag that bad.
i agree.....but he got money outta them:crazy:..........I've never seen one sag like that...or he had it sitting somewhere for a long period, with something sitting in the cone.

That on 04 model, look at the pic. I had two 10" L7's and the spiders tore to hell on em. It makes a BAD knock noise. Trashed em immediately.....
if it tore the spiders up as bad as you say, pushing past mechanical limits, or unloading in a ported box would do that...not drivers fault, and least the woofer

Don't you guys know your kicker subs need to be broken in ? when done properly thats what they look like...

no doubt kicker's QC leaves a lot to be desired..... I wonder how much the T/S param's of that sub vary from the literature ? LMAO

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.