Kicker Solo-Baric L5 15" - Good sub?

justafifteen
10+ year member

And that's the truth.
I'm trying to find what sub I should buy. My max price is $180. I don't care whether it's square or round, I'm just looking for a reliable and powerful one. I found the Solo-Baric L5 for $175, and it looks nice but I just thought I'd ask for everyone's opinions/experiences with the brand / model. I haven't really seen a more powerful sub than this for the price.

try your local craigslist, if you have a tight budget theres always somthing cheap on CList.

dont get me wrong i like kicker, but there probbly is better for the price.

i just did a box for an L5 15 2 weeks ago. 6 cubes tuned to 35hz. he was planning on switching it out with an L7, but since he's never heard a sub in a good box, i think he is dropping down to the 12 instead. the 15 inch L5 and the L7 get impressively loud in 6 cubes ported, but there are alot of 15's that do as well in 4 cubes ported. 6 cubes is alot of space for 400 watts.imo.

My L5 08 model got loud in 4cubes with 64in of port tuned to 38hz of 300rms, and got stupid loud (for me anyways) on 1200rms same 4cubes in a blowthru. Sold the 1200rms amp after 3 days then got rid of the L5 about 2 months later. Not sure if the SPL had my ears hurting or the Extremely AWFUL sound quality.leaning towards the latter of the 2. The memphis mojo sounded better than the L5 and its more of an spl sub. For the money,and from experience, You would be MUCH happier with an audioque 2.5 15. They get pretty loud off reasonable power and sound good too. I have since downgraded to an audioque 2.5 10 inch sub and 300rms and am satisfied for now. good luck. oh and the Aq is 179 shipped i think.

My L5 08 model got loud in 4cubes with 64in of port tuned to 38hz of 300rms, and got stupid loud (for me anyways) on 1200rms same 4cubes in a blowthru. Sold the 1200rms amp after 3 days then got rid of the L5 about 2 months later. Not sure if the SPL had my ears hurting or the Extremely AWFUL sound quality.leaning towards the latter of the 2. The memphis mojo sounded better than the L5 and its more of an spl sub. For the money,and from experience, You would be MUCH happier with an audioque 2.5 15. They get pretty loud off reasonable power and sound good too. I have since downgraded to an audioque 2.5 10 inch sub and 300rms and am satisfied for now. good luck. oh and the Aq is 179 shipped i think.
Thanks for the info. I really like Audioque after reading everything on their website; definitely feels like they know what they're doing. I also like the 2 year warranty and the Mod program. And the price. Thanks a lot!

Thanks for the info. I really like Audioque after reading everything on their website; definitely feels like they know what they're doing. I also like the 2 year warranty and the Mod program. And the price. Thanks a lot!
if you can afford an aq now go for it. aq ftw for a good decently cheap sub

if you can afford an aq now go for it. aq ftw for a good decently cheap sub
I'm definitely going to get one when I have the money. Seems like all i'll need for a while.

@farmerehsan - thanks for the offer, but I think i'm going to get an aq. Sorry!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.