kicker or autotek amp?

tenn_tazz26

tn
I am looking to buy a kicker or autotek(by maxxsoics now) amp. I can get either for roughly the same price ($500). If I go with the kicker I can get two of the zx1500 which are rated at 1500 watts into 2ohms so I can get 3000 watts total out of them. If I go with the Autotek it is the MM4000D amp and claims to push out 4000 watts into 1ohm. I know the kicker amps will do what they claim but has anyone had the Autotek amp to know how close it is to the rated power? 1000 watts of extra power for about the same price is worth it if it will actually perform that much better then the kicker. I do know opions vary on the product names but I was hoping anyone who has used either of these can tell me their experience.

As far as subs go, I am waiting to purchase the amp because I have to make sure the subs will go at the lowest ohm for the amp as well as handle the power so right now that is not an issue.

Thanks,

Dale

http://cgi.ebay.com/KICKER-ZX1500-1-1500-WATT-MONO-SUB-AMP-AMPLIFIER_W0QQitemZ250139429173QQihZ015QQcategoryZ64570QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$334.99 for the Kicker

save your money go with something that is proven, Autotek use to make some really good equipment back in the day. I'm not saying that today they're stuff is garbage but I really don't know much about their new product line to help you make a choice.

I know for a fact though that the Kicker will due its job and correctly.

If I go with the Autotek it is the MM4000D amp and claims to push out 4000 watts into 1ohm. I know the kicker amps will do what they claim but has anyone had the Autotek amp to know how close it is to the rated power?
That Autotek amp is rated at

2 X 900 RMS @ 4 Ohms

2 X 1400 RMS @ 2 Ohms

2 X 2000 RMS @ 1 Ohm

1 X 4000 RMS @ 2 Ohms

It does a little more than rated power if you have a strong electrical.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.