Kicker L7's blown

Leif
10+ year member

Ok I know they do not make recone kits for L7's But is there any way of have the coil itself replaced or rewound? If so is it even worth it? these are older model L7's. being a moron I bought these and at the time had no way of testing and got screwed. was going to resell but Im not like some people and dont want to sell crap so I brought them in to be tested and they are blown, they still put out sound but have a rattling sound when playing.

Well I went to sell these cause I found a RE XXX 18" that needs a recone for $100 and wanted to buy it.... then I went to test these and they were shot so there went that idea. I also have 2 10" Kove subs, but no1 is interested in those cause one of the dustcovers is missing....

I dont really know what im gonna do, I think the one might be ok, I pulled them out of the box and hooked them to home receiver and one seemed fine.... the other is blown for sure, I can see through the little screen between the basket and motor and the coil is unwound, im gonna hook to ok one up to a amp in the newt few days to see if it works.... if it does its sold already.

do you guys think that RE XXX is worth a hundred blown? Does a recone usually fix this or is there more that can go wrong. the cone still move when you push on it so the coil didnt weld tight or anything.

do you know what year the re xxx is if you dont get it ill take it lol and yes it can be reconed

I dont really know what im gonna do, I think the one might be ok, I pulled them out of the box and hooked them to home receiver and one seemed fine.... the other is blown for sure, I can see through the little screen between the basket and motor and the coil is unwound, im gonna hook to ok one up to a amp in the newt few days to see if it works.... if it does its sold already.
do you guys think that RE XXX is worth a hundred blown? Does a recone usually fix this or is there more that can go wrong. the cone still move when you push on it so the coil didnt weld tight or anything.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.