kicker l7

Yes, I meant ask you what to tune it to though, not to build it.
oh. i mean her car peaks at like 43. her box is tuned to 42ish.... hers plays down to about 35 or 36hz and sounds pretty good. getting below that starts to sound kind of hollow sounding if i turn it hardly any. i mean i would tune to low because yes they will tear there self apart like said before. also the quality will depend on which year model of L7 you have.

I like the L7 i have 2 12 on a old school punch power1000bd.1, you was talking about getting another amp me i love rockford, i just bought one from ebay brand new and never used

Good amp and proper box they get incredibly loud for the power.

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

lol... didn't someone win an SQ title with an L7?
A few, actually.

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

Yes, I meant ask you what to tune it to though, not to build it.
Tune 38-40. You won't be disappointed. I ran Solo Xs for a decade, L7s before that.

I am by no means a kicker fan (unless we are talking old school). BUT...L7s are an exception to that. I came across an L7 15 for $75 and jumped on it. Im a college student and before I even had it in a box I had it hooked up in my dorm room shaking the crap out of the ceiling tiles. In a ported box it can get hard to breathe with just one of these. They're loud no doubt. Are you going to get the sound quality of a JL W7? No, kicker doesn't do great sound quality, but will you get stupid SPL that tears things apart? yes, and honestly that's what this sub is, loud and fun. Is it worth the price,thats up to you and what you want from your system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

tnota

10+ year member
tnota
louisiana
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views