Kicker l7 problem

squidder
10+ year member

tx
hey everybody,please help me out(i am extremely new to this). I bought 2 kicker 12" l7's. one of the subs is constantly hitting even when no bass is being played,but when bass comes on it works perfectly. is it a problem with the sub or is it a wiring problem?

ok thanks. ive taken some pictures of it and if its not to much trouble maybe you could tell me exactly whats wrong.by the way the amps are exile 600.1. Thank you so much

pictures

img00016200909061455.jpg

img00017200909061456.jpg

img00018200909061456.jpg

also does the box i have seem to be ok?

img00019200909061457.jpg

it does it when the car is on. i will make a video of it because its sort of hard to explain.

and yes i know the amps arent powerful enough but i got everything for $350 so i wasnt complaining

i took out the back piece right behind the seats. and it hits pretty hard. can you explain how to fix my problem and also will it hit harder after fixing the ground and power?thanks again

Wow you have like 10 gauge power wire...I know im exaggerating but ****.Also Youre better off putting them things in the cab somewhere,id bet that sounds horrible.

You need to get 0 gauge everything and possibly a second battery,Im willing to bet u are getting a hum from alternator or power and rca wires running along eachother,or you are running a pioneer deck.

No it doesn't make a humming noisse and I'm not using a pioneer deck. Everthing is stock. What advantagex would I have by using 0 gauge wire

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.