Kicker L7 cutting out at higher volumes?

lrwilson27

Iowa
I have a 12 inch kicker L7 DVC 4 ohm wired to 2 ohm in a ported box hooked up to a alpine mrx-m100. It is cutting out at higher volumes. I have messed around with the amp (reducing gain, bass boost, etc) and it cuts out at higher volumes no matter what. I have 0 gage wire running to my amp. I have absolutely no idea whats wrong with it. I have taking all the wires out of the sub, made sure there were no bad connections or corrosion, and same with the amp. any help would be appreciated. Also i had this hooked up to my alpine mrp-m450 and it hit harder with that than my alphine mrx-m100. also my head unit is a Kenwood - KIV-BT901. please help.

Could it have something to do with the ground?

Are you certain it's wired properly as a 2 ohm load to the amp? Checked with a DMM?
also i know that everything i have is wired properly. i dont know if to much power is going to it or what. it only does this at higher volumes. i need your help.

All bass boosts should be off, always. Make sure the gain is set appropriately, do you know how to set your gain, with a DMM? If not, google it, and do it.

It's weird that even when you have everything turned real low, and the sub is super quiet, it still cuts out as you turn up the volume. Leads me to think something is wrong with the amplifier. If it were the sub, I think it would not be playing at all.

And I don't think it's related to a weak electrical system. It's only 1kW, and a rather efficient amp, it shouldn't be any problem.

What head unit are you using?

All bass boosts should be off, always. Make sure the gain is set appropriately, do you know how to set your gain, with a DMM? If not, google it, and do it. It's weird that even when you have everything turned real low, and the sub is super quiet, it still cuts out as you turn up the volume. Leads me to think something is wrong with the amplifier. If it were the sub, I think it would not be playing at all.

And I don't think it's related to a weak electrical system. It's only 1kW, and a rather efficient amp, it shouldn't be any problem.

What head unit are you using?
Kenwood - KIV-BT901

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.