Kicker L7 15" Amp?

Can we convince you not the buy the sub? I've never heard much bad about Kicker amps other than the fact that they're overpriced and you can get better/cleaner....for cheaper. Kicker subs, however, ****. They can get loud but will sound terrible in the process.

I think the Solo L7 is cool if you're trying to beat the block. Amp wise it depends if the sub is going to be wired at 2 or 1 ohm... Kicker doesn't make many amps that are 1 ohm stable meaning if you hooked up the wrong amp it would probably blow (RIP Memphis and older RF). I would go with a new Memphis PR1000 or a Rockford 1000BD... Both are one ohm stable. I personally have ran both and think they are amazing. I'm not to familiar with the other brands out there seeing as though I'm pretty new to the game. I've had a pair of L5 10s, L7 10s, L7 15s, MTX 4500, CVR 12, JL W0 15 and just attained 2 W7 10s. To my experience the L7 10s did what I needed to the best. The 15s were too big but my god did they slam. Make sure you have a built to spec box so you can get the most out of the box. Also if you're not going to run the full 1000rms through them I would just get a pair of smaller ones. PS: Haven't had a chance to use to W7s yet! GL though.

Can we convince you not the buy the sub? I've never heard much bad about Kicker amps other than the fact that they're overpriced and you can get better/cleaner....for cheaper. Kicker subs, however, ****. They can get loud but will sound terrible in the process.
this.

i had an l7 15. dont get ****** in!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.