• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 13
  • Views 867
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

I'm thinking about getting a JBL 1200.1. Can someone help me on which sub/sub's I should get?

The three options I'm thinking of are

one 15L7

two 12L5's

four 12" Comp Vr's

I would have room to port the 15L7 or the 12L5's but the comp VR's would have to be sealed. I really like sealed better anyway though. The box for the 12L5's could be up to "or a little over" two square feet each....This would be in an full size extended cab. I am going to build the box myself so I can keep my back seat down and still have room.

If you have any other suggestions throw them at me too.

unregesterd-- how about

2- 12'' L7 in a sealed box with an internal

air space of 1.13 cubic feet (per sub )

get the duall 4 ohm voice coil subs

wire each sub into 2 ohm

then parallel both subs for a 1 ohm

load to your jbl 1200.1 amp

Sure, I would like to have the L7's but they are to expensive...and I would be underpowering them. I may be able to do the 12L5's but they are still expensive to me...from what I've read they are about like last years L7, and all I heard about last year was about how bad they were.

personally I would just go for the four comp vr's (they are cheap and very good) I believe u'll be happy and def have enough thump.

Yitzy, love the pick, cowboy bebop is one of the coolest cartoons i have seen in a long time.......just thought i'd share.

Ok lets put it this way the four comps would be the best choice by far. Reason #1 more cone area because of the four of them i think they do what 300 rms 600 max? Well if you want the most out of you subs i would just get three i think they are just as good as the L5s actully e-bay has a special on the comp vrs its 2 15 inch dvc 1000 watt max subs i would get that get 2 ohm subs and wire it in parrell and you will definatlly be thumping oh yea and thats 195 bucks for the two.

unregesterd-- your best bet would be

go listen to --

2-- 12'' solobaric L7

in a sealed box wired to a

jbl 1200.1 in bridge mode at 1 ohm

then listen too

4--12'' com vr

in a sealed box wired to a

jbl 1200.1 in bridge mode at 1 ohm

then decide

as for power for the L7s

you''ll be allmost to there rms power

theres no way that amp will push the l7s to thier potentiel get the comp vrs it will push them and them some.

unregesterd-- let us know when your lights

starts dimming or your car idle starts to drop

running 4-- 12 ok

I can't go listen to the different systems...thats why I'm asking the question. Around here people have cheep Pioneer and RF systems.

The thing that worries me with the VR's is that they would have to go in small sealed boxes. Wouldn't that limit their travel? They are 400watts RMS, so they would be underpowered too.

unregesterd--if cost and space is a concern

how about using 2-12'' compvr in a sealed

box 1.0 cubic feet per sub

or if you decide to go with ported

it'll be 1.75 cubic feet plus port per sub

buying you amp and subs this way

you will be saving alot of money

then with the money that you saved .mabe

you can upgrade your mids and tweeters

just an idea

Cost isn't that much of a concern. I just wasn't planning on going over $600 for the sub's and amp, though I can if I need to. I'll probably get some components this summer. I was going to get two VR's and a JBL 600.1 before I got a job, but now I have more money so I want something bigger. I'm going to custom make one big box that would go behind the seat for the sub's. I could probaby get about 1.5 cub's per sub with the VR's.

So everyone agrees on VR's? Or is there something better that hasn't been mentioned?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.