Kicker future subs?

****...why did Kicker replace the old L7s with the new Blue and Silver ones? Was it because they beleived that the old one wasn't as good or did they just do it because the other one wasn't selling as good, why?

I'd imagine the new cosmetics had more to do with a new-model marketing strategy than anything else. But, again, Polecat would be able to give you much more concrete answers on Kicker equipment than I can.

Unfortunitly people these days arent out looking for a sub based on what it can do, its based on what it look like. In my eyes kicker picked that up and used it for there marketing. I think kicker products are awesome and would recomend them, so dont get me wrong.

i know kicker is up to something.. polecat said we should expect somethin cool to come out soon in the thread about the old school round solo barics.. dont know if its a new sub, redesigned old one, etc.

then again.. i couldve just been misreading his post and hoping for somethin new.

kicker is great.. but i agree with jamc i dont think their products are getting any prettier and i dont really like that theyre trying so hard to appeal to the marketing side

Kicker updates/replaces models every 2 years ...
Expect :

Redesigned L7 in 2007

Redesigned L5 in 2006

Redesigned CompVR in 2007

Redesigned Comp in 2007

Don't expect:

An advertised increase in power handling (The Competition/CompVR 12" has been rated at 400 watts for over the last decade)

A better looking design (Kicker routinely makes their subs uglier and uglier with each passing generation, IMO)
K thanks for giving me this info

I honestly don't see Kicker going away from square subs. It's become their trademark and they've been quite successful.
If there is something new on the way, I'd assume/guess that it would be a "supersub" (high Xmax, high power handling, flat BL, etc.) to compete with the W7. But that's only a guess.

Maybe Polecat will be nice and tell us what to expect //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
I wouldn't change the square subs if I were them. They are known for that. When people in the streets talk about Kicker they refer to them as "oh the square subwoofers".
Yeah hopefully Polecat can give us some info.

I wouldn't change the square subs if I were them. They are known for that. When people in the streets talk about Kicker they refer to them as "oh the square subwoofers".
Yeah hopefully Polecat can give us some info.
Thats true I was telling this guy at work I had L7 and he was like what. I told him kicker square subs he was like oh okay I know now.

True...They're known for the square subs, but they look shitty (IMO).
The old ones looked alright I think. The new one are a little blingy though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.