Kicker CX1200.1 or Precision Power PPI P1000.1

I have 2 RE Audio SE-X10D2 (older version 600 watts rms each) wired to a 2 ohm load in a custom ported box tuned to 34 hz. Powering them is a Kicker ZX1000.1 amp. The amp died. I need to replace it. So I'm thinking either the Precision Power PPI P1000.1 (938 tested watts @ 2 ohms) which I can get for 160.00 or the Kicker CX1200.1 (1200 advertised watts - kicker supposedly under rates their amps) which I can get for 260.00.

The kicker sounds good because of the extra watts and would be a direct swap as far as physically replacing the amp. However, I see good reviews and hear good things about the precision power - and its 100.00 cheaper. FYI, I am not interested in hifonics due to the excessive current draw - I am still running a stock alternator and have no intentions of replacing it any time soon.

So what are you guys thoughts?

i've installed several of those Kicker CX amps. i'm surprised that Kicker amps have been thrown aside like they are junk in the last couple of years. just look back a couple of years and Kicker and RF amps were always top tier in regards to quality and power. during that time people have turned on them despite still having the same quality and always putting out more than rated.

I didn't know that the ppi amps did rated. Kicker amps seem nice but the remote seems to be bass boost vs gain knob which everyone recommends to stay away from

I got away from kicker amps after the 11ZX2500. My crescendo BC2k which on paper made less power at .5 than the 2500 at 2ohm beat it by .5db.

The birth sheets are BS power you will never see.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.