kicker cvx, alpine type r 15, soundstream t4

odyssey350
10+ year member

sho me ya ******* bit*he$
Hello i just sold my poweacoustik 15s and looking to buy 2 more subs the 3 i narrowed it down to is the kicker cvx, alpine type r, and the soundstream t4 or t5 taranutla 15s! i have a hifonics 1600 amp it does the 1600 at 1ohm so i am lookin for subs that are around 750 to 1000 rms and with about 400 dollar spending limit so any input on wich subs i should choose i would really take it 2 consideration!

Thanks alot!

I'm not too familiar with the soundstream subs, but I have owned type r's and a L7 (somewhat comparable to a CVX). If you want a low end monster go with the R, and if you want a more musical sub that will still push some air get the CVX.

I was in this exact same dilemma for the past couple monthes. The Type-R got ruled out pretty quick. I've only heard a few and that was a while ago. They seem to do good on the meter, but it looks like that is it's only real strong point. And the T4 diden't have too many reviews, but neither did the CVX. I can get the CVX 12" for $150 and the 15" for $188. Thats almost $100 less than the T5. The T5 is hardely going to have any reviews since it's only a couple monthes old. It might also still have some glitches in it that haven't been worked out yet. And there were only a couple sites that I found the T5's on as well. I don't think you can really go wrong with any of them really. They are all very good subs for the money. The best bang for your buck subs out there IMO.

i have owned he cvx's and type R and i'd for sure go type R. 2 type R 15's will be under powered by that amp. i would do 2 10's or 1 15. 1 15 would be my first choice. another option is a L7 15''.

i have owned he cvx's and type R and i'd for sure go type R. 2 type R 15's will be under powered by that amp. i would do 2 10's or 1 15. 1 15 would be my first choice. another option is a L7 15''.
So why do you recommend a L7 and not a CVX? When they are the same sub with a different shape. And CVX's are said to sound better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.