Kicker CVR's: any good?

ARK_SWAMP_RIDER
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Arkansas
Are the CVR's any good? I currently have 2 JBL GTO1004D subs. I would like to gain some space in my 4runner, and the 2 10's are to much bass. I am looking at running one 12 inch CVR pushed by my Fosgate 360a2 amp (tested at 580 watts). The quality of the JBL's suits me (although I havent heard anything else). I like the CVR's because I can pick them up locally. I am going to go tomorrow to listen to them at the local store if I can, just want to be prepared so I dont get a sales pitch. Thanks.

I am not sure what I am going after. I thought I wanted SQ, but the JBL's (which are SQ) arent exactly what I want. Again, for that reason, I would like to hear them before I buy. I will listen to them, I just know the people at the shop will say they are the best whether they are or not. Thanks everyone.

Main concern is durability. This will be in a sealed enclosure. As said, not sure if SQ is my thing, I will tell for sure when I listen to them tomorrow. Another thing, usually the store only has them in prefab ported enclosures. Would the sound be a lot different there vs. sealed? Once I hear these I will know more about what I want. Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.