Kicker cvr or SoundQubed

Curtonamis

Okay so i am on a budget cause i am only 16 but would i be better off getting one SoundQubed 2.5 SDC 12" sub for $150 after shipping and getting a ported box made for $200 (quote from local audio shop) so basically $350-$400 all together, OR should i just get the 2 kicker cvr's for $280 ready to go? This is going in a mazda 3 hatchback so it will be stupid loud either way i know.

If you go with CVRs, don't go with the premade box; get a custom one built as well.

The 2 cvrs in a custom box will give you more output than the AQ; but the AQ would probably outdo them if you go with Kicker's box.

Also box builders on this site can build you, and ship you a box for less than $200, especially for a single 12

Lol yeah the cvr plays considerably loud(to me) in a custom made box....the box plays a huge role aswell as the wiring....put atleast a 8gauge wire to the sub from the amp....and 4gauge from the battery to the amp....earth should be 4gauge too....I own a cvr...not too impressed lol but for the price they pound....I prefer a sealed box....your windows and walls will vibrate that's for sure....especially in your hatchback(cabin gain is more)....I'd go with the kickers.it got some potential to destroy but it has its limits.....but ag its just my words

Lol yeah the cvr plays considerably loud(to me) in a custom made box....the box plays a huge role aswell as the wiring....put atleast a 8gauge wire to the sub from the amp....and 4gauge from the battery to the amp....earth should be 4gauge too....I own a cvr...not too impressed lol but for the price they pound....I prefer a sealed box....your windows and walls will vibrate that's for sure....especially in your hatchback(cabin gain is more)....I'd go with the kickers.it got some potential to destroy but it has its limits.....but ag its just my words
IS THAT THE TRICK TO TEH BASS

On the real though OP, I personally would want the sdc over the cvr but talking from an output point of view cone area is king off of similar power. but ONLY if the kickers are in a respectable box as well and not that prefab Shiet they come in. If you can save money on the box, which was already noted that it is definitely possible, you may be able to find 2 12s that will do better than the cvrs. Or have you thought about a 15? What amp do you plan on running?

You don't need 8 gauge wire

Custom box for sure....but for the price buy the 2-12s and have a custom box built. You should go to the stereo show this weekend in Wichita. We can talk and you can see other set ups before you decide. I can build decent boxes and I am locally close. I have a nowall that does 160 and then I have blazer 2-12 setup that does 150@1600w on alpine type-r same setup does 145.1@370w all are dash scores

Custom box for sure....but for the price buy the 2-12s and have a custom box built. You should go to the stereo show this weekend in Wichita. We can talk and you can see other set ups before you decide. I can build decent boxes and I am locally close. I have a nowall that does 160 and then I have blazer 2-12 setup that does 150@1600w on alpine type-r same setup does 145.1@370w all are dash scores
Impressive!!!!

you seriously put 8ga speaker wire on some cvr's?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.