Kicker CompVX 15, Soundstream Tarantula, or..

Ineedmorebass
10+ year member

I made a post the other day regarding a multiple sub setup in my Civic, and..

Well, scratching that idea.

I would have gone for an L7 15, but they like a 6ft + port box and it would be pretty sketch getting that

In and out of my trunk.

Now, I noticed the CompVX calls for a foot smaller box, which is doable, and handles 900 in a ported

enclosure vs the L7's rated 750. Also, being as it has a higher sensitivity, I'm thinking it might be almost

as loud. Ideas?

I came across a few other "smaller enclosure" 15s in my quest for mad poundage.

Thoughts on the Soundstream Tarantula 15? 1000w RMS like the CVX, and a little bit

cheaper. Thoughts on that? Vs. The CVX?

What about the MOFO 15? Any good?

Any other woofer suggestions?

No more than 300$ for the sub would be nice.

1000-1500 RMS would be my range.

On a $300 dollar budget id look into Audioque. Hdc3.
This. Or Obsidian or Gcon... The choices are pretty much wide open at a 300 dollar price point. I would look in the classifieds. There's plenty of subs in there that fit what you're looking for. Also ace_800 had a good suggestion. Tell Corey what you want and he'll build a nice sub for 300 bucks. There's an SPL Audio sub in the classifieds right now that fits your criteria.

What's the deal with the Audioque HDC3 18? If I went for the 15s in this, would I be best going copper or aluminum for the price?

If I could make a box that would fit, I surrree would love to have an 18! A friend had to crappy Rockford 18s like 10 years ago and they

straight pounded. Thoughts?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.