Kicker Class D 500w amp messing with radio signal

Participant count
  • Participant list

jfensty

PA
I installed a 500.1 Kicker Class D amp in my 04 CTS-V. Used 4 ga. power and ground. Grounded to good chasis ground and using a loc piggybacking off my stock bose 10". The amp is powering a Sony 12" xplod 1300w pentagonal sub. 1.25 cu ft box. I have spoken with Kicker and they have heard of Class D amps making a little interference but usually "not that bad"... I cannot even hear the music on many channels and one or two channels it fine and perfectly clear. Cd sound is perfect and music thru a FM modulator using my phone is pretty good. It has a little static but it is expected with crappy modulator.

I have moved the amp/box around the trunk to the back front and both sides. No change. I have unplugged the sub and turned the amp on, same outcome so it has to be the amp.

So before I take the amp back for a two channel, is there any other alternatives? Sheilding the amp? Grounds or filters?

Thanks for the help

Jerry

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.