Kicker 350.4 trouble

Participant count
  • Participant list

2lefts
10+ year member

NC
First off, Hi and I must say the site looks good!

Here is a run down of my setup to aid in getting some much needed help:

I recently purchased a sweet dodge ram quad cab with all the goodies already in it for me. The guy had a Pioneer AVH-5700 DVD head unit w/dvd,nav,back up cam,xm radio,etc....

The factory infinity speakers have been replaced. I know the tweeters are MB Quart but I don't know about the rest of them. The amp,which I just found a few days ago under the back seat is a Kicker 350.4.

The only thing he left out was a decent sub. I decided(for room and money sake) to go with a Sony Xplod 1100 watt max 10" sub. I didn't need killer bass,just more than what was there.

I made a custom box with a plexi-glass face and and a hard rubber boot(lays in the storage area under back seat to cover the carpeting that the speaker suspends over.(the speaker sits face up under the rear seat).

Now for my troubles:

Since the amp has only 4 channels and the sub makes for a fifth speaker(aside from the tweeters that the head unit powers alone) I combined both front and rear speaker combo's on one side of the "double amp" leaving the entire other side to be bridged for my sub.

Before completing the final attachment steps, I turned the system on to see how it sounded. I was impressed greatly at my enclosure and the sound it produced.

In all my excitement,I forgot to turn my stereo off before unhooking the sub and touched the two leads together.

Of course it made a very loud noise and instantly filled my other speakers with a combo buzz and dinging noise.

Everything is still working but that noise is loud and it picks up the engine noise now. I have never heard that dinging noise(almost like a door chime on your ride).

Any ideas on what I did and what I can do to correct it?

The fuses on the amp are good,at a glance my grounds are good. The green light is working on my amp but there is a red light that says protection which is not on.

Thanks in advance for any ideas and thanks a million for the time. This site looks like it will be very helpful in my ventures!

Well,I seem to have possibly found the answer in another thread after some extensive searching. My pioneer H/U may be the problem,but thanks anyhow.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.