Kicker 1/0 Install and New SPL numbers

Yes it is very very good wire, I should take a picture of it next to my hooker 1/0 ran in the rex. It's a very sad sight //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif.
Is there that big of a difference?

Can you take a pic side by side?

I have the hooker 1/0 gage and if kicker is alot bigger i will sell my 60 feet and pick up some kicker.

hahah hooker is great wire, its just the kicker is alot better, but it is like twice the cost so i guess u get what you pay for
Yeah but around me any 1/0 gage wire sells for like 5 bucks a foot so I will have no trouble unloading 60 feet for 3-3.5 a foot.

most people say wire is wire, I used to as well till I got my hands on some of the kicker hyperflex.

I haven't installed mine yet, and as crazy as it is to say, this time I'm kind of looking forward to running cable. This cable bends way easier than past cables I've used. Maybe I won't need to use a half a roll of ductape to hold this wire down on uneven surfaces and around bends. Last stuff I used was the P3 1/0 from parts express, the look, feel, and flexibility of this wire is far and above that of the P3.

the kicker will just lay down in any crease or crevace (sp?) its really like foolign with a wet noodle

the amp kit was suprisingly heavy... around 25lbs IIRC even came with its own grommet, but no screws to mount the fuse holder down with.... id rather have the grommet anyway

the heat shield around the first few feet of the cable is also very VERY nice feature. And the terminals comming pre applied make life a ton easier too. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I wouldn't mind trying this kicker wire. The 1/0 I have now is welding cable. Suprisingly enough I was still able to run it without too much trouble, and the trim still fit nicely enough, considering its about as flexible as a 300lb gymnast.

Is there that big of a difference?
Can you take a pic side by side?

I have the hooker 1/0 gage and if kicker is alot bigger i will sell my 60 feet and pick up some kicker.
It's great stuff, you can almost tie your shoelaces with 1/0 lol.

In all honesty you probably could make shoelaces out of the 8 guage //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

Looks good mang!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.