kicker 06zx1500.1 tunning with a jl 13.5w7

Participant count
  • Participant list

assassin1840
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
mi
so im trying to figure out where the settings should be on this sucker i swear its not sounding right i had gain it half way with the crossover set to about 80 and the bass boost on 0 and it was loud and clean but i just got my new fuse today before i had a little dinky 60 amp fuse but now i have 150 fuse on it so i turned it to 3/4th gain up and everything esle the same its loud but doesnt sound to much louder or could it just be due to my small car civic ex i can sell this sucker in two days should i get the jl slash 1000.1 v2 or would this due with some fine tuning but theres barly any options on this amp oh my sub is 3 ohms but i still should get over 1k rms how do i know how to set it to get a clean 1k any input would help

first i would use some sentence structure holy moly! j/k but ya set w/ a DMM and the 1000/1 would be a great match for this, but the amp you have should have plenty of power. I guess on the sq side im not sure how it would compare to the JL amp. I know the JL amps have great sound control and JL supplies an exact settings chart for the W7s. I got the 500/1 on my 12w7 and sounds awesome. I just looked up the chart and JL had the recommended settings for mine in the HO box even.

yeah my vocab ***** donkey di ck but oh well. so it really doesnt matter how much i turn my gain on really? i hook up a dmm to the pos and negitive and it should read about that on my high out put on my hu

yeah my vocab ***** donkey di ck but oh well. so it really doesnt matter how much i turn my gain on really? i hook up a dmm to the pos and negitive and it should read about that on my high out put on my hu
You would have to double the power to gain 3db in output, if the voice coil in the sub can handle the added power. So lets assume by cranking the gain up to 3/4s the amp is able to produce a maximum 1150W@3Ω. It's only going to get you a few tenths of a decibel more than 1000W, it would be hardly noticeable, but you would likely be clipping the output which can damage the subwoofer and the amp. It's not really what you want to do.

Follow the instruction in the PDF and measure the AC voltage at the amplifiers subwoofer/speaker output. 54.7VAC is the voltage that amp is rated for, it would be the same voltage for 750W@4Ω and 1500W@2Ω. Save your equipment.

thanks will do but i just sold the amp a few mins ago lol paid 115 last week just sold for 300 now gotta get a new amp maybe sell the jl maybe go a whole new route that bass was just way to much and over kill for my car. i guess i gotta think if i am going to keep my car or get a suv

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.