Kick Panels

Breogan24
10+ year member

NYC
I have a Geo Prizm which kick panels are not made for, so i was thinking about trying out the Universal fit ones. I can only fit a 4" coax in the front door, so wanted something a little bigger for the front. Anyone have any experience with these Universal kick panels? Are they sturdy or will the bass make them shake and vibrate all over the place?

Thanx in advance.

Yyea I've used them (however not at their intended location). Make sure you got a flat surface to work with otherwise you'll have to do some custom fiberglassing, which, in the end, in my opinion, defeats the purpose.

As far as the vibrations go...well they vibrated a lot for me (then again I had them mounted to the door); but I figure if you've mounted them good/steady/sturdy, they should be fine.

Sumone, i was doing a search on the topic and it seemed like you had a tough time with them. That is what i am also worried about, spending my money and then not getting what it's worth. Maybe I will just stick with the 4" MBQuarts that i plan on putting in the front stock location.

yea...it's been rough...but if I had just knew a little bit more and did the stuff myself, I would've been alright. You win some you lose some, you know. I definitely don't think they're worth the $90 I paid for them; more like a $30 product to me.

So basically, before decide to or decide not to buy them, make it clear in your mind what it is you want and how you want them installed. That's where I messed up at. As long as you make those conscious(sp?) decisions, you'll be alright I guess.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.